Understand of how, when and why Microservices should be used and importantly, when they shouldn’t!
Have a good overview of the technology and practices that make up a successful Microservices system and how they fit together.
What are Microservices and why should you care? Are they a buzzword, a revolution or the new normal? This lecture will look at how Microservices came about and how they fit into the modern software industry. We’ll be looking at the good and the bad, trying to offer a honest view on when you should (and shouldn’t) use Microservices.
We’ll examine the technologies and practices that underpin Microservices systems, combining real world examples with practical experience and advice.
– The 2 histories of Microservices
– What came before?
– What problems are Microservices trying to solve?
– How did the Microservices architecture emerge?
– Why you shouldn’t do Microservices
– What’s hard about Microservices?
– How do we address the challenges of distributed systems?
– What Microservices actually look like
– What do Microservices look like in the real world?
– What technologies underpin them?
– What design patterns are used?
– What practices support Microservices?
– The future of Microservices
– What are the emerging trends in Microservices and why?